1975 Peugeot PX10
- Serial No: 1893362
- Frame: Reynolds 531 butted tubing, forks and stays; Seat Tube: 60cm ctt; Head Angle: 75deg; Seat Angle: 75deg; Wheelbase: 102cm; Simplex dropouts
- Crankset: Stronglight 93; Chainrings: 52t/48t
- Pedals: Maillard 700
- Gears: Simplex Prestige front and rear derailleurs and shifters: Maillard 5-spd freewheel
- Wheels: Super Champion Competition rims on Peugeot Trophy (Maillard 700) LF hubs with Maillard quick releases
- Brakes: MAFAC Competition
- Handlebars and Stem: Atax Philippe
- Saddle and Seatpost: Ideale 2001 on Simplex steel seatpost 26.6mm diameter
The PX10 was the pinnacle of the Peugeot lightweight bicycle range until the introduction of the hand-made PY10 in 1974 and continued as the top production lightweight thereafter. It was, and continued to be, a genuine racing bike with its Reynolds 531 frame, good level components and raceworthy wheelset with tubular tyres.
This example is believe to be very original, the only known deviations from standard specification being the handlebar stem (same make, different style), later type Maillard 700 pedals and a larger “small” chainring. The mudguards are not original either.